Cycling Holiday / Tour details:
Cycle the Cape!
Area: Cape Town, South Africa
Holiday Type: Fully Guided
Cycling Area: Cape Town
Location: Cape Town - Cape Town
- CAPE TOWN - Cycle on the slopes of Table Mountain.
- CAPE PENINSULA NATIONAL PARK - Cycle from Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope along the coast.
- STELLENBOSCH - Cycle through stunningly beautiful vineyards & farmlands.
- TSITSIKAMMA NATIONAL PARK - Dramaticforest covered Indian Ocean coastline.
- CAPE AGULHAS - Cycle to southernmost point of Africa.
Off-road: 10% / On-road: 90%
Grade of riding:
Minimum level of bike: 21-gear mountain bikes; support vehicle and bike trailer.
Bike hire available: Included
6 nights hotel, 3 nights farm estate; 9 breakfasts included.
Start Day: Friday
Sleeps Max of:
Nearest shop / general store:
Nearest bike shop:
Nearest airport: Cape Town
Dates & Other Details:
Tour date 1: from 14 February 2008 to 25 February 2008
Tour date 2: from 20 March 2008 to 31 March 2008
Tour date 3: from 16 October 2008 to 27 October 2008
Tour date 4: from 13 November 2008 to 24 November 2008
Tour date 5: from 18 December 2008 to 29 December 2008
Dates info: Thu 11 Feb - Mon 22 Feb 10
Cost from GBP: £1595
Cost from USD: $
Tel: +44 0844 499 0901
* (Please mention that you found this business on TheCyclePeople.com -
thank you) *
Business details: 'Explore '
Explore was founded in 1981 by three travelling companions who had breathed, eaten and slept travel for as long as they could remember. From the relatively tame overland to Kathmandu, to venturing beyond dubious frontiers, from ferrying Land Rovers across the Ubange on hand-built rafts, to close encounters with unlikely creatures - they had a few stories to share.
Whatever the case, their blend of idealism, practicality, skills and culture soon translated into a very simple and successful formula.
They called it Explore and the menu was short but inventive
Many miles down the road, and now offering the most diverse recipes in over 100 countries, the ingredients remain exactly the same:
- travel in small diverse groups of like-minded people
- get 'further and closer', with no frills
- do things the local way as much as possible, and respect the local culture
- invest in responsible tourism
be 100% organised and professional - but also adaptable & always offer good value
Explore Worldwide Ltd
Nelson House, 55 Victoria Road