Cycling Holiday / Tour details:
Area: Havana, Cuba
Holiday Type: Fully Guided
Cycling Area: Havana
Location: Havana - Havana
- Havana - Probably the most stunning, colonial town in the Americas with an abundance of major sites.
- Vinales Valley - Picturesque Mogote rock formations in one of the classic tobacco regions of Cuba.
- Trinidad - The colonial gemstone amongst all Cuban towns
- Topes De Collantes Ride - Spectacular ride through the central Sierra Escambray Mountains
- Support Vehicle
Off-road: 5% / On-road: 95%
Grade of riding:
Minimum level of bike: Good hybrid bike
Bike hire available: 21-gear hybrid bikes with front suspension, bag-rack & pannier bag for day things
14nts hotel; 14 breakfasts & 3 dinners included.
Start Day: Sunday
Sleeps Max of:
Nearest shop / general store:
Nearest bike shop:
Nearest airport: Havana
Dates & Other Details:
Tour date 1: from 27 January 2008 to 11 February 2008
Tour date 2: from 10 February 2008 to 25 February 2008
Tour date 3: from 24 February 2008 to 10 March 2008
Tour date 4: from 09 March 2008 to 24 March 2008
Tour date 5: from 23 March 2008 to 07 April 2008
Dates info: Sun 01 Nov - Mon 16 Nov 09, Sun 15 Nov - Mon 30 Nov 09, Sun 20 Dec - Mon 04 Jan 10, Sun 10 Jan - Mon 25 Jan 10, Sun 24 Jan - Mon 08 Feb 10, Sun 07 Feb - Mon 22 Feb 10, Sun 07 Mar - Mon 22 Mar 10, Sun 21 Mar - Mon 05 Apr 10, Sun 04 Apr - Mon 19 Apr 10
Transfers included: N
Cost from GBP: £1845
Cost from USD: $0
Tel: +44 0844 499 0901
* (Please mention that you found this business on TheCyclePeople.com -
thank you) *
Business details: 'Explore '
Explore was founded in 1981 by three travelling companions who had breathed, eaten and slept travel for as long as they could remember. From the relatively tame overland to Kathmandu, to venturing beyond dubious frontiers, from ferrying Land Rovers across the Ubange on hand-built rafts, to close encounters with unlikely creatures - they had a few stories to share.
Whatever the case, their blend of idealism, practicality, skills and culture soon translated into a very simple and successful formula.
They called it Explore and the menu was short but inventive
Many miles down the road, and now offering the most diverse recipes in over 100 countries, the ingredients remain exactly the same:
- travel in small diverse groups of like-minded people
- get 'further and closer', with no frills
- do things the local way as much as possible, and respect the local culture
- invest in responsible tourism
be 100% organised and professional - but also adaptable & always offer good value
Explore Worldwide Ltd
Nelson House, 55 Victoria Road